Institute of Islamic Banking and Insurance
London NW3 6AL, United Kingdom
This privacy statement applies to personal information collected and held by IIBI.
How we collect your personal information
The following are the main ways we collect your information:
- When you contact us directly or enrol on to IIBI courses, apply for membership or request information about our programmes, publications and services.
- When we have been provided your personal information from other sources with your consent.
If you are under age 16 please do not provide us with any of your information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
What information we collect about you
The types of personal information we may collect about you, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details , such as title, full name, address, telephone numbers, Email address
- Your date of birth and gender
- Your nationality
- Information about your education and professional qualifications
- Information about your work experience , including name of current and previous employer
- Information provided when you apply for any courses at IIBI , including course fee paid or not
- Information about your learning progress (for students only) , including assignment status, assessment of your tutor and grading.
- Information obtained from referees , for students applying to enroll on to IIBI courses
- Information provided when you apply for membership at IIBI
- Information provided when you register for any event or programme organised by IIBI
We will retain your information only as long as is needed unless a longer retention period is required by law.
Please help us to keep your information up-to-date by informing us of any changes to your contact details. You may contact us to request your Personal Information held with us or to update inaccurate Personal Information and make changes at any time. You can also request to have your Personal Information and any login details at IIBI deleted at any time.
We install Google Analytics to collect information anonymously and report website visits without identifying individual visitors.
How your Personal Information may be used
We will mainly use Personal Information to communicate with you about
- IIBI courses, if relevant
- IIBI membership, if relevant
- IIBI events and programmes
- Responding to enquiries
- Producing statistical reports for internal use
- Updating your records
- Complying with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
Sharing Personal Information with third parties
We will not share Personal Information with third parties, unless it is with your consent or explicit consent except where we may require to do by law. We will not sell on this information to other parties.
How Personal Information is held
We restrict access to your information to only those persons who need to use it for the communicated purpose.
Although data transmission over the Internet or website cannot be guaranteed to be secure, we maintain safeguards to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection requirements.
If you have a personal password which enables you to access certain parts of IIBI website or any other portal such as the IIBI Virtual Learning Environment, it is your responsibility for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Third Parties’ Privacy Practices
To stop receiving correspondence
You can opt out at any time from receiving communications from IIBI in one of the following ways
- Opt out from an email list: Clicking on the link to ‘Unsubscribe’ to opt out from the email received
- Remove your Personal Information held with us: Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to us using the contact us form: